There are a number of reasons why you might need to change or improve your Shed premises, for example:
- You have outgrown your current space and have to turn away potential members
- Your current premises aren’t suitable for the types of activities you want to do
- You can no longer rent the building/ the landlord is selling the building
- You would rather own your own premises and have more control
- The building is no longer safe to use (e.g. damp issues, accessibility issues).
Just like when you first started up your Men’s Shed you will need to do your research to see what alternative options are available to you. As well as letting agents and solicitors, you can also find information about buildings and land from local public authorities, voluntary support agencies and other community groups.