As an organisation doing positive things in your community you may be surprised at how many people or businesses are willing to help.
Here are a few ideas for ways to raise funds or gather materials through donations:
- Host fundraising events in your community (e.g. coffee morning, quiz)
- Set up a direct online donations page (to fund a single project or ongoing activity)
- Get a stall/table at community events such as fairs and gala days and take a donations box
- Contact local suppliers who may be willing to donate materials such as wood or paint
- Use leaflets and social media to advertise for tool donations.
It is always useful to contact or visit other Men’s Sheds or community groups in different areas to see what fundraising activities they are doing and get some inspiration. Think outside the box, sometimes crazy ideas can generate the most interest!